The Black Achievers Society is sponsoring the annual Youth Leadership Development Workshop. The workshop will be at the Kauffman Conference Center, 4801 Rockhill Road; Kansas City, MO on Friday, March 31, 2023, from 8 AM – 1:45 PM. This year’s theme is “A Different World: Enlightenment of Young Voices!”
We welcome area high school students from diverse ethnicities to participate. Our objective is to remind participating students of Dr. King’s dream that says all people, regardless of color, can work together with a common goal in mind. Potential attendees are encouraged to be engaged in workshop discussions and are expected to be willing to interact with students from various area schools. Our goal is to have student representation from greater Kansas City area School Districts, Charter, and Private Schools.
About the Workshop
(Breakfast and lunch are provided at no cost to attendees)
- The day kicks off with breakfast, an encouraging breakfast speaker, and an exciting ice breaker activity planned by the Youth Advisory Council.
- Students will then rotate to attend two different Insight Sessions. (Students select the topics-see Insight Sessions below)
- Our Keynote Speaker will provide things to consider during lunch.
- After closing recognitions, the students are provided a t-shirt for completing the evaluation form.
- Schools are asked to provide round trip transportation for participating students.
- Parents/Guardians are asked to make arrangement for their student to attend if transportation is not provided by the school.
Insight Session Topics
- Do Your Dollar$ Make $en$e? Getting a Head Start on Financial Success
- Entrepreneurship: The Case for Opening Your Own Business
- I’m Graduating from High School …Now What?
- YOU are Fireproof! YOU are Resilient! It’s in YOU to Be!
Student Application Process and Submittal Process:
Interested students must complete the Online Registration Form by March 15, 2023
Student Participation Confirmation:
Schools will be contacted by March 22, 2023, to:
- Confirm the names and final count for students attending.
- Verify staff members attending with students.
Note: The number of attendees accepted from each school may be limited based on the number of applications received.
We look forward to presenting this exciting learning experience to your students…our future leaders. Any questions please contact Arlana Coleman at 913 522-7526 or firstname.lastname@example.org.